Sunday, June 3, 2018

Spaving’s account

by Madison


Spaving, from my understanding, is having an account and keeping track of any money you were planning to spend, but didn’t or any coupons or deals and putting the money you saved into a spaving’s account. For example, if I were planning to get 2 new bathing suits, $12.95 each and then I decided to only get one of them, I’d have $12.95 spaved because of the money I changed my mind on spending!
The goal of the account is to encourage you to save so your account can continue to grow. If you know that there’s an account for every time you don’t spend money, you’ll avoid spending it so that account can grow.
The person that wrote the article on this had $35.68 in their account after two weeks from things like, getting a dollar off their coffee, buying the cheaper product of two, changing their mind on buying things, etc.
I’m considering opening my own spaving’s account and it seems like it may be a good idea for others to try as well

http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/spavings-savings-account/